Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Terror!!! Terror!!! Terror!!! DOUBLEFEATURE!!!

We might as well start this list off right. I have seen a ton of other peoples top 25 Horror movie lists and they are almost all the same. The same ten big time classics are always thrown in there somewhere. I am not going to do that. I do want a few on this list, but I want for the majority of these film "gems" to be ones that you have either never seen or just forgot about! Let's start where most people finish! The first movie on the list is...

1-Halloween(1978)
The slasher film that started it all! Michael Myers escapes from the Looney bin and heads off to Haddonfield to ruin some teenagers evenings. I remember watching this one as a kid and asking my Dad, "how can anyone be that strong, he's just a guy right"? My Dad's reply to that was, " Sometimes crazy people are strong"! That was probably around 1986 or 1987 that this exchange took place. Funny what you remember. Anyways, as I was saying, most people top the list with this one. I say it's a classic way to start! 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077651/  

2-Elvira:Mistress of the Dark
One of my personal favorites as a kid! From the late night Horror Host circuit comes Elvira in her own movie! Total cheeseball humor from start to finish, if you love Elvira (and I know most of you do!) then you will love this movie. The jokes are bad, the car is badass, and the cleavage is out in full force. I also love the Punk Rock Poodle. Edie McClurg puts in a great comedic performance as the uppity Chastity Pariah and William Morgan Sheppard offers some creepy moments as Vincent Talbot, Elvira's evil relative. This is definitely a fun one to check out!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095088/

There's are first double feature of the season! One scary and one silly! I would advise you to take your laughs where you can get them, because we are heading toward darker waters everyday this month! Thank you for reading and I hope this list will give you guys some great ideas for stuff to watch and maybe turn you on to a few you never knew existed! Happy October everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment