Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Culturally Significant Exploding Boobs!!! Also, You've Got Red On You!!! Hope It's Someone Else's Blood!!!

Remember when I said the laughs were over? Well, I lied!!! Hahahaha! Two funny ones up for tonight. Starting with...

51-Terror Firmer (1999)
Like a true Troma fan, I showed this movie to my Wife on the first night we hung out. Obviously, I didn't know she would become my wife at the time, but I used to use this movie as a barometer of compatibility with people around me. If they could handle the craziness and disgusting humor of this film, then we would probably get along just fine. Anyways, this is a really wacky film from Lloyd Kaufman, the eccentric leader of Troma Entertainment. The story surrounds an independent film crew with a serial killer in their midst. Oh man, it's like a visual circus. There are so many things going on in the background during some of the scenes, it makes the movie a visual frenzy!!! It kind of reminds me of what a poor man's "Natural Born Killers" would look like. I must have seen this film over 100 times and to this day I still see something new every time I watch it. This movie is chock full of entertaining, colorful, and notorious cast members like Trent Haaga, Debbie Rochon, Will Keenan, Theo Kogan (Lunachicks), Lemmy, Ron Jeremy, and even an appearance by Eli Roth. With lots of blood, exploding heads, blind independent film directors pissing on a copulating couple, fat guy escalator insertion, tons of boobs (and some explode), lesbians, vomiting car crashes, tractor trailer amputations, orgasms curing the blind, and hermaphrodite rape, this is not a film for the easily offended... but it's funny as hell when you make them watch it!!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169299/







Next up is the best Romantic comedy ever made! It's...

52-Shaun Of The Dead (2004)
Have you ever tried to win back an Ex's love? Now, have tried to do it during a full blown zombie outbreak? Well, that's what happens in to Shaun and his best friend Ed (exquisitely played by comedic whips Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, respectively), in this movie directed by Edgar Wright. As far as I am concerned, this is one of the best zombie movies to come out in years!!! Even though zombies are not the real focus of the story. I love the way the zombies look in this film. They have a kind of funny personality to them that I feel sets them apart from their undead peers in other flicks. The filmmakers have also thrown in a lot of subtle-ish homages  to several other Horror films. I like that (within reason). I know it's cheesy, but when it's not done in a totally crammed down your throat kind of way, I think it's fun. When you watch this (and you'd better!!!), try to pick it up on DVD so you can listen to the director and cast commentary. It's actually pretty fucking funny! I highly recommend this one for any fan of Horror, Comedy, Romantic Comedies, or Zombie films.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365748/  










Looking at my list, this really is going to be the last two "funny guys" of the countdown. For real this time. not for fake. Of course if your like me, and laugh your ass off when most people are cringing, then there are probably a few humorous moments to come. So please, grab a friend and come back to check out what we have for you tomorrow!!! Thanks for reading guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment