Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Naked Aliens! Ebola Sex! Smashing your Girlfriend's Face With A Shovel!!!

First up tonight is...

13-Undead
Brothers Michael and Peter Spierig co-direct this beastly "Ozploitation" Flick. For being as low budget as it is, they really did a good job with it! It has a really campy fun feel to it (similar to Braindead). Just like any good campy horror film, they don't skimp on the gore! This film is actually very funny. From the cheesy character lines, to pulling guns out of all parts of clothing and also suspending the laws of physics and pistol magazine capacity, it maintains a good humor with itself. The cast is not bad and the surprisingly good CGI effects are made even more impressive by the fact that the directors did them on their own, on home computers! Talk about DIY actually working out for them. I recommend this one for zombie fans who liked Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, and Zombie Strippers. Basically, if you like your living dead slapstick funny and bloody, then this one is right up your alley!!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339840/

Next is the fun...

14-Cabin Fever
This is another one of those movies I think gets a bum rap from horror snobs. I completely understand why, as I really already hated this movie before I even watched it. I thought it was just going to be another forgettable, mainstream, horseshit teeny bopper flick that wasn't worth my time. Yeah, I am guilty a being a snob too. I also try to be a person who reserves the right to change my mind! Boy, was I wrong about this movie! I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, but it was WAYYY better than I initially thought. I am also definitely an Eli Roth fan these days! It is set up like a teen movie. Kids go to the woods to party, bad shit happens, people wind up dead. What I didn't realize was that this movie is not meant to be taken seriously and it also has a pretty high level of comedic psychological terror and uneasiness, that far outweighs some trite bubblegum popcorn movie. Ultimately, it is a black comedy and a good one. If you haven't noticed from this list, I am a huge fan of dark humor and comedic horror. The cast is really amusing and includes such actors as Rider Strong, Jordan Ladd, James DeBello, Joey Kern, and Cerina Vincent. I am especially pleased with the demise of "hottie" Jordan Ladd in the film and also the IMDB trivia about Cerina Vincent's nude scenes and her 1" of ass crack. Read it, it's pretty fucking funny. If you haven't ever thought of giving this movie a chance or just hate it on sight, I suggest you put your "serious critique" side away for just a little while and give it a whirl! You might be surprised!!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303816/

Ok, there's your eye gouging slop for the night! These are again, pretty good date movies! Just like the aforementioned Jordan Ladd death in Cabin Fever I am sure every guy at one time or another has wanted to do to his girlfriend what Rider Strong does in the scene. Haha. Have fun you love birds out there!!!
P.S.- Please don't kill your significant others just on my suggestion. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment